Thursday, November 25, 2010

Walking and talking with the people.

Prayer is powerful, it can change you heart and mind in an instant. One minute you feel hopeless and down the next refreshed and renewed because you took your burden and gave it to the Lord.
Sometimes that's how the days and moments go here but I am learning so much. I can't even begin to tell you about all the teachable moments and blessings I have had recently.

We have a new team here from Surrey BC. Yesterday was so encouraging we split up into 4 teams and went out to visit the people. Our purpose was sharing Christ and that happened. God is moving in peoples hearts, a couple of adults accepted Christ who seemed to be waiting for someone to come and pray with them. So the angels were singing praises in heaven yesterday afternoon. It was truly a blessing to see some of the people we know from church in their homes. I had one teacher from the elementary school ask me to come and meet his wife and see his home. What a privilege and blessing, you could see all the hard work he put into building it and how they care for it. I am so thankful that God has given me the opportunity to serve and be here in Haiti at this time. (Also for giving me some Creole to be able to communicate.)

On our particular walk we met an old man named Bon Bass (Good Bass) who wanted prayer and to be sure Jesus was his savior. This man truly touched my heart. Half blind, no shoes, skin and bones but with a heart wanting the Lord. We prayed with him and for him and today I was able to bless him with a few clothing items and shoes. I know I could worry and think about his particular situation a lot but that wouldn't do me any good. I needed to pray and ask the Lord to look after this man. Most importantly knowing that his soul is secure in Jesus has given me peace. We also met a few people willing to listen to us realizing that their eternal security is important but they had lots of excuses for not being ready. We had no one wave us off or tell us to get lost or that they didn't want to talk. They want to talk here they know about God and the devil, it's real. ~Please pray for those we witnessed to and those who accepted Christ. That God would continue to move in their hearts and cause them to see their need for a savior.
It's so good to be out in the community with the people. We need to do it more. They are lovely and the kids are always excited to see us.
Having the elementary school here has been a blessing to the teams and children. Right now as I am writing the team is painting the inside of the classrooms and it's going to look amazing. Also this afternoon we are spending some time with the young girls from the church doing beading and nail painting. The guys are making bunk beds, helping with the medical clinic, and a few other odd jobs around the compound. Tomorrow the team is going to cook dinner for the whole Haiti Arise staff. I am super excited about this and I think the kitchen ladies are especially happy. We are even going to have cake with icing. (Chris and I are looking forward to that part! :)
Well that's what has been and is happening around here.
Please continue to pray as the elections are coming on Sunday and also for cholera, I keep seeing stories about it getting worse.
I am also thinking about my dear friends in S.Korea right now. May God be with you all as you trust Him for safety. There are many situations all over the world that need prayer. Oh Come Lord Jesus Come! But we must remember there is still lots of good things happening even though those stories don't always get reported. So Praise the Lord too! Have a great weekend.
Love Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. Hey kiddo!

    Just wanted to let you know that I do think of you often. Shooting up an arrow prayer for you and Chris as God brings you to my mind through out the day.

    "The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost." Praise God for the truth in all of that.

    Blessings!
    Lisa Weldy

    ReplyDelete