Thursday, September 2, 2010

Answered Prayers!

First of all I would like to say thank you for praying. These last couple of days have been great we have felt encouraged and blessed and we know that's because you are faithful to bring us before the Lord. I realize my last blog entry wasn't all that positive. Forgive me for that as I was just being honest. Oh, before I forget, I would just like to thank the Lord for his provision of finances. We are so grateful for the support and the Lord has confirmed more and more that we are right where we should be.
Yesterday Chris was able to help put in some posts for the new fence that is slowly going up. I was able to get work done on the computer and I am hard at work trying to get inventory lists for all the rooms and buildings on the property.
Learning Kreyol is interesting, I constantly fumble over words as I try to practice with our cook Lucianna. She is wonderful by the way, going out of her way to make us feel at home and spoil us with great food. I am so thankful for her and Geanne (the finance secretary) they are the constant female presence here and fun to be around.
Rebecca

I just want praise God for his goodness and providing. Thank you all for your prayers and helping us live and teach here this year. As Becca said we have really been carried along by your prayers these last few days, so thanks again.

On another note, we saw a cool sight at the beach the other day. It was the day Hurricane Earl was just passing by Haiti, but did not hit it (Praise God!). As we were swimming we saw some dark clouds off in the distance. From these clouds we witnessed two tornadoes slowly form and take shape. Thank goodness they were miles (or Km depending on where you read this from) away in the Caribbean Sea. It was still something to witness that's for sure. The only thing we received from the Hurricane was about 45 minutes of strong rain.

Please continue to pray for our language studies. Right now we have the most time to put into it. We will soon be busy with teaching English, coaching basketball, and helping with the elementary. Oh yeah also pray for me as I teach a Bible study on Fridays starting tomorrow.

It is so cool that we are living in Haiti, WOW! Until next time. May the Lord bless and keep you :)
Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment