Sunday, June 5, 2011

Farewell Haiti~

Here we are already in our hotel room in Ft. Lauderdale. We left Haiti yesterday afternoon at 3. There are no words really to say how I feel about leaving it is all quite surreal. Driving through PAP one last time I just kept thinking to myself I have to come back, I have to come back. A piece of our hearts is definitely in Haiti with the people. This good bye was probably the most difficult I've ever had.

We had a goodbye party on Friday night it was really great. Even though it was raining a lot of people came. We were so blessed with kind words, prayers and songs.
I am so grateful that God brought us to Haiti. In church last Sunday that's all I could do was over and over again thank Him for bringing us to Haiti.
In the days to come we are going to reflect and remember all the experiences and try to figure out what we learned and how our outlook on life has changed.
So hopefully in a week I can write again with some more insight into our time in Grand Goave Haiti.
Thanks for taking the journey with us this past year.
Rebecca and Chris

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's been a year already! It's been so wonderful to follow along on your journey. Praise God for His good work!

    ReplyDelete